As you have heard for the better part of a year, Core Web Vital rankings start next week. Here’s what we believe now according to research performed by Searchmetrics and relayed by Marcus Tober in Voices of Search podcast #475:
- Based on a review of 2,000,000 websites.
- More than 50% in the US fail both Largest Contentful Paint and First Input Delay loading benchmarks established by Google.
- More than 97% of all websites in the US fail the recommended loading time for Cumulative Layout Shift.
- The majority opinion is that these metrics will not be enforced all at once or even on Day 1 but rather implemented regularly.
- The default template of WordPress is relatively slow and not passing many of the benchmarks.
Depending on the type of business you are in and how your site is designed to support your business will directly affect your CWV, so talk to your webmaster, SEO consultant, or contact us for any questions you may have. There is no choice here. These are new Google ranking factors.
Onward and upward!
For more information: https://www.ottawaydigital.com/blog/seo-basics/on-page-seo/