GOOGLE MY BUSINESS (GMB) is an often overlooked tool to garner sales leads. “How” you say? Well here’s how:
- GMB is a free service of Google. If you don’t set it up for your business, Google will automatically set it up for you.
- Take charge of your GMB account as you will be able to fill it out much more completely than Google.
- So where are the free leads you ask? They are in a new Request Quote form on many business websites in various industries. Not all websites will be offered this form.
- When a prospect clicks the Request button they will be able to complete a short form that will be emailed to your business.
- The form will come into the Messages section of your GMB page. Make sure you know what email was used to set up GMB as the lead will come into that email box.
- Add Posts and Products to your GMB page to be more engaging to the prospect.
- Make sure that the photos on your GMB page are up-to-date and show your business in the best light possible.
Never overlook all of the ways your GMB can get you more moving leads. It’s free and they are generally heavily trafficked…often with more traffic than your website. We have continued to use the name GMB for this service, however, just so you are aware Google has once again changed the name for this service. It is now “Google Business Profile”.
Onward and Upward!